Tuesday 22 July 2014

My Awesome Hiking in Preikestolen "The Pulpit Rock"

We set off about 8am from Haugesund,  its about 60 minutes drive to the ferry boat station in Arsvagen Fergeterminal and another 30 minutes cruised through the Stavanger Fjords. As soon as we reach Stavanger we met Neneth Maries Sister, shes my Preikestolen hiking buddy. Then we took another ferry boat about 30 minutes cruised from Stavanger to Preikestolen with connecting bus about 45 minutes bus ride to the base of the mountain.

While we were on  the ferry we met Neneth's friend Annie and her cousin Joy. The four  hiking musketeers I would say. They are good company lots of laughter along  our way. Midway to the peak there's a couple of small lakes you can dive in or just paddle on the side. We stopped in this place for a quick snack and drinks.  There are othet hikers who are swimming and enjoying the water.












We continued our hike and after 2 hours hike up, we reached the peak of the famous Preikestolen "The Pulpit Rock" and what a view. My words wouldn't be enough to describe how magnificent it is standing on the edge and breathing in the fresh air looking down the fjords, the mountains what a beautiful nature. My first ever mountain hiking and surely would not be the last. When I come back to Norway I challenge myself to hike in Kjerag  and Troltunga " The Trolls Tongue".

Let the picture speak for itself with my awesome hiking experience in Prekeistolen Pulpit Rock.













My other Norway blog links below

24 Hours in Charming Bergen City Norway


No comments:

Post a Comment