Monday 28 July 2014

Šibenik Croatia... Old Town and Krka Falls

From Zadar bus terminal I bought a bus ticket to Šibenik  it only cost 56 kuna and 7 kuna extra  charge for the luggage compartment, it's about 1 1/2 hour travel with free wifi on board and beautiful scenery it was a good journey.

As soon as I arrived at Šibenik Bus Station, went straight to find Hostel Mare, I quickly found the place its only 10 minutes walk from the station and just across the road from Old Town. I was early before the check in time so I just sat by the lounge while waiting for the room to be ready I was immediately connected to the wifi. Check in was quick, Nimo checked my passport, gave me my key and towel. I settled myself in my room with air conditioning, I was sharing with 2 lads from Denmark and 3 girls from Texas ( Andrea, Michelle and Olivia ) lovely bunch of girls. It was raining out so I decided to catched up with some sleep, I only had 4 hours sleep from the previous night. After a couple of hours I woke up refresh and I quickly changed and decided to wander around Old Town, as it turned out lovely evening and the sun is shinning.



St. Michael Cathedral





St.  Michael Cathedral is in UNESCO's World Heritage List. The left entrance door is where  the Adam and Eve statue. 



St.  Lawrence Garden











St Michael Fortress


On my second day Me, Michelle, Andrea and Olivia went to Krka National Park, from Nimo's instruction that we need to go to the bus station and catch a bus going to Skradin bought a bus ticket for 48 kuna, A more or less 30 minutes journey, and when we reached Skradin we bought  ticket for the Krka National Park that cost 110 kuna with free ferry boat ride to take us to the park. We arrived at the park after 20 minutes ferry ride.

Visiting Śibenik isnt complete without experiencing Krka. Krka  National Park is extremely beautiful, the magnificent falls cascading  on the side of the mountain that flows down to the river. I was so lucky  to swim along with other travellers and visitors. It was a lovely feeling close to nature, fresh air, what a spectacular view, the feeling of satisfaction it gives is just indescribable. When visiting Krka bring a pair of bikini and take a dip to the inviting waterfall river. This experience is highly recommended. Theres also walking, hiking trails to explore the whole park.

Let me take you to my wonderful Krka Adventure through the photos.



























Travel Cost below:

Zadar-Šibenik Bus = 56 kuna/ £5.60
Luggage compartment fee =7 kuna / £0.70
Šibenik-Skradin bus = 48 kuna/ £4.80
Krka Park Entry fee = 110 kuna/ £11.00

Other blogger has inspired me to travel solo and experience the best places, activities and meet new people/friends along the way. I hope my blog will inspire others too. Browsing photos of beautiful places uploaded online by other travellers urged me to travel more. Come and join me to my discoveries to different places on my future travels.

Have you ever thought of travelling solo? What's stopping you? Any hesitation? Follow me on my Solo travel adventures and let me inspires you to travel solo and start your own amazing journey.

Check out my other Croatian adventure link below

The Old Port Walls of Zadar

Split Along Marjan Peninsula

Highlights Of My Balkan Adventure

29 comments:

  1. Amazing photos. Love the brightness of the flowers in St Lawrence Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. Gotta love solo adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unique angles in your photography! You have your own twist on standard shots and that's what makes them interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .... I love angled shots it gives different perspective of the subject :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures, sounds really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a nice time there, a place I could go every year so beautiful :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures!! Looks like you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful trip! I really have to make it to Croatia one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Croatia is so beautiful so much to see, I need to go back there and explore the other places :)

      Delete
  7. I was just in Sibenik this summer, at the end of August and also stayed in hostel Mare...One thing I will not do again is to go to Croatia in summer unless I need to visit a friend in a small village..It is a beautiful country, no doubt about it but Oh, my God...so crowded and so overpriced...(hostels in Japan and Australia have been cheaper!!!) Luckily I managed to escape and hide from the crowds in a small village where no tourist go, the beach was all ours, water was crystal clear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there July.... I find it pretty cheap compared to other EU though.

      Delete
  8. Croatia is such a beautiful country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wont argue with that.... it's amazingly beautiful country.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous colors! Sibenik looks like such a photogenic city!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been nine years since I went to Croatia and I'm very encouraged that it is still a reasonably affordable travel destination. The stones in the old town are so beautiful and historic - love your shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photography, as always. Love your ability to capture the essence of a city or location. I'm a fellow solo traveler, I am always happy to meet other solo bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ..... ive been always a photographer enthusiasts - I was just taking loads of photos and familiarised myself with my camera features and beautiful subject helps too :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful shots of Croatia, especially Krka Park.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Croatia, and that national park looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes krka I so beautiful I can't stop clicking away my camera

      Delete
  14. Wow you photos are amazing - love Croatia!! My fave place is Plitvice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Never been to plitvice but maybe next time I visit Croatia

      Delete
  15. Those waterfalls are really my favourite! Wasn't the water too cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krka Falls is beautiful .... water is not that cold

      Delete