Sunday 28 September 2014

Being a Typical Tourist in Prague

Its been 4 years when I visited Prague. Reminiscing the time I spent for  my Birthday weekend get away in Prague. It was a surprise gift given to me, its 2 days before my flight was the only time I have discovered where I'am heading. I've heard so much about Prague before, they say its a very romantic place.  I was looking forward to it. I started my internet research to check out what are the things to see and do. I decided to join the walking tour as the usual tourist do. The tour guide was really good went through along the touristy place, we started in the old town to see the Tyn Abbey, the infamous Astronomical Clock, the Gun Powder Tower, Opera House then crossed the Charles Bridge and headed to the Castle. The beautiful architectural buildings has inspired me to explore more of the different countries around Europe.  

Being in a guided tour wont give you enough time to explore the place, unlike when your doing your own exploration at your own pace to new places. If given a chance again to visit Prague I will choose to wander around on my own, getting lost along the old town's cobbled alleyways and discover the quirky side of Prague.

A photo essay of my time in Prague.

Tyn Abbey



Old Town Square



Astronomical Clock




Wenceslas Square







The Charles Bridge



The Gun Powder Tower


An unexpected gift holiday I have truly enjoyed my time there, I wish I could visit Prague again in a travellers perspective, discovering the unbeaten path, and meeting the locals, strolling along the old town on my own pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment